Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dear Sun, I Am Cold

First, I'm going to start with a question, IS ANYONE AS COLD AS I AM! BRRRR! I can't stand the cold. It's terrable. I mean, we're in the south! I thought one of the purks of being in a southern state was that it wasn't cold? That just shows what I know about the south. At the moment I'd rather be in MN right now. At least there their's snow. Lots of snow. And I'm not talking 3 inches like would be considered allot here. I'm talking feet. I'm talking about the type of snow that you can't successfully walk through. The kind you have to imediatly go outside and shovel a walkway to your driveway then shovel your driveway. (P.S. For rules and a realistic example about shoveling MN snow, go to http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=201526773&page=4 [it's the 3rd blog down and quite hillarious. I've had to go through it before]) The kind that leaves HUGE snow drifts about the size of a house! Yes, I know, hard to believe. Well, you better believe it, cause I'm not lying. Anyway, point is, it needs to warm up and quick.

Another thing I'm pretty much hating about this wether is that it's always raining. No sun, no sun, no sun. It's like the wether has so cleaverly planned it out so that it's raining on the weekends! Not ok. Rain clouds, how I dread you. One of the worst things about the rain is that it's overcast. Which means it's covering up the sun, right? Well, the sun gives us vitamins. If the sun can't get to us, we don't get those vitamins which make us joyful and want to go outside and take on the world. That's one of the reasons Minesotans are always depressed from October to June, they don't get sun. Thus, because of the lack of joyous sun, we're all blah. and I don't know about you, but I don't like blah. Blah and I don't get along, blah gives me head aches.

So I've decided to write our beloved sun a letter.

Perhaps if it works, the sun will grace us with its presents once again.

Dear sun,

I am writing to voice my concern about you rarely showing up in the state you love. Why is it you've suddenly gone? I asure you you've been missed. Even now I know there must be some helpless person on Facebook statusing about the wether and how you have left us in the clouds care. We're all quite worried and I'm afraid the wether has not been treating us well. I know head aches and lack of excercise have increased since you've left. Does this not concern you? I miss you oh so terably and would love it if you'd maybe visite one of these near days as you're passig by and stay awhile. Something I'm sure you would enjoy as well. I find myself day dreaming about you while watching the day slowly go by; For 'm sure the days go by faster when you're here. Is it that you don't like February? Or that you don't get along with Valentines day? Why you always leave this time of year always puzzles me. But I hope you're having a good time warming the Caribbean beachs.
I will conclude with my hope of you coming here. I so long to be warm and take a comforting walk to the park.

Your cold author, Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment