Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nothing Is Impossible! Except, You Know, That.

First, I'll start off by giving myself a pat on the back for posting TWO Blogs within 4 days. To that I say, go me.

Second, as allot of you may already know, I posted my first cover last night. For this being my first time actually finishing a cover I think it was pretty ok. Go to this link and you can not only listen to it, but download it. What is this madness? Listen, Tweet, Status, reblog, and simply share it. It's much appreciated.

Lately my idealist state of mind has been getting me into trouble. Not literal trouble, no grounding or shaming was had, but trouble with myself. I don't quite know exactly why it's decided to show itself so much so suddenly, but it has.

For those of you who are not such, there for, don't fully get the concept of an idealist, here-

-Idealist-
–noun
1.
a person who cherishes or pursues high or noble principles,purposes, goals, etc.
2.
a visionary or impractical person.
3.
a person who represents things as they might or should berather than as they are.
4.
a writer or artist who treats subjects imaginatively.
5.
a person who accepts the doctrines of idealism.

There ya go.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about this. I'm merely saying that it's a gift and a curse. Like every temperament, it has it's pros and cons. Realists don't spend enough time imagining and can be rather depressing to talk to, idealists spend too much time imagining and making up impossible situations and can be annoying to talk to.

Great stories come from thinking hours on end about what COULD happen if THAT happens or what MIGHT happen if THIS happens. I feel light hearted quite often and try to see the beauty in everything. Because if theirs beauty, theres possibility. And even when there is no hope left, I always have a smidgen hidden in my pocket to take out and look at when I'm lying in bed at night. I can truly say that I'm happy most the time because of this. I don't know if that will change as I grow older. Maybe instead of seeing light at the end of the tunnel I'll see just endless black. But I hope that doesn't happen. But sooner or later I have to step back and say, "That will NEVER happen." Which is very hard for me. Once I get my heart set on something it's there to stay. So theres allot of poking and prodding after admitting that to myself. I have to analyze myself and reanalyze myself. Each time taking a bit more of my heart and feelings away until all I have left is reality. Which is a sad day, because I've never quite liked reality. Ever since I was a wee tike I was the one who was always in their own little world. Never venturing outside of it until dinner was called. But after all I have left is reality I usually have to shift my inspiration as well. So basically, I rebuild part of my life from the ground up. The only thing remaining is God. The Foundation. Because He never changes. And I'm slowly learning that it's pointless to lean all your weight on a wall unless God's holding onto you. Because then, it's not such a big deal when your goals collapse. You're main one is still there and will forever be.

With all that said, I leave you with this-

-Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”-

No comments:

Post a Comment